Wednesday, June 29, 2011

First Step

So I haven't blogged in quite literally years and doubt anyone's going to be reading these, at least at first but I said at Smashwords if they wanted to get to know me better they could come here so I better start :)  First off, my name's Ashley.  I'm twenty-three years old and have been writing for as long as I could remember and reading for even longer than that.  Both of those allow you to escape into another world that is far from the reality of day to day and has always been, as cliche as it is, my escape.
   For Christmas my family bought me a Nook e-reader from Barns and nobles and from there I was introduced to the amazing author, Amanda Hocking http://amandahocking.blogspot.com/ , and through buying every book she wrote and reading her blog I eventually found Smashwords and now, I'm finally working on publishing my first ebook on there and can't believe it.  I've dreamed of being an author and not just a writer for years and because of technology and this website, I'm finally going to be able to do just that.
   As far as everything else, life wise, I have a little sister who's four years younger, a best friend who writes almost as much as I do, or at least used too before she got married and moved away and an amazing Grandmother who raised me and is still supporting me as much as she's able all these years later.  I love to hike but where we live there's not a lot of woods or trails around.  I'm a little shy around new people but when you get to know me you wouldn't believe it.
  I'll write more soon but for now I have to head into work.  There's a lot to say and no time to say it, so until next time have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment