Friday, July 1, 2011

The first step is done..now what?

I was so excited to find smashwords and refind pbwiki and even started plotting and outlining Wednesday/Thursday, which if you knew me at all, you would know I don't do that. I write. I just go, my best friend in high school who got me started on Nanowrimo, hated that. She'd spend at least the month of October, carefully planning the book for November out, making charts and graphs, character profiles and outlines and I would wait until the 11:30/11:45 p.m. October 31 and write out a story idea, send it to her and we'd start at 12 and both get done around the same time.  Now, however, I had this idea in my head and I started thinking about how I wanted it to work and wrote it all out.  Wrote character profiles for the 3 main characters in my head and some back story for them and was on a role but then I started writing today and hit a brick wall.  All that excitement and writers block set it.  I don't know what to do about it either.  I have this urge to write, I want to write and yet my brain feels like it hits a wall each time I sit to write. I know I'm rambling but I can't help it.  I work every day for the next 3 days, basically all day. This is my last real chance to get a good start until Tuesday and it's driving me nuts.  If anyone's reading this, suggestions for the future when this happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment